Listening virtually: remote support skills (online for teams)
A practical guide to approaching support via a range of remote tools.
This is a 1/2 day online course delivered in-house (for teams).
Developed in direct response to the Covid 19 situation and designed specifically for online delivery to smaller groups of participants. The course offers a practical guide to approaching support via a range of remote tools.
This course complements an additional course ‘Building confidence in supporting distressed people’, which focuses on understanding particular challenges faced by groups. It provides space for reflective practice and has a strong emphasis on the support and wellbeing of those attending.
Currently only available online (for teams).
The course offers a practical guide to approaching support via a range of remote tools
By the end of the course participants will have had opportunities to:
- Think about the similarities and differences between remote communication tools (telephone, zoom, text, email, webchat)
- Reflect on experiences of both giving and receiving support remotely, and share learning from this
- Consider the practical stages of offering remote support – before, during and after – and create an individual action plan
- Learn about how these skills can be applied in more challenging situations
- Consider self-care in a challenging working environment
This course is delivered online (for teams)
Trainer: Sal Ball
New course - waiting for feedback